8. What if we need help to decide certain issues?

It may be necessary to hire outside experts (such as pension valuators, real estate appraisers; etc.) in order to value certain assets. Input about the children’s needs may be sought from a therapist, counsellor or other specialist. Accountants may be asked for income tax advice. Before any outside assistance is obtained both parties must agree on the selection and payment arrangements for the outside professional. Any expert whose services are used will not be allowed to assist either person if the matter does go to court in the future, unless agreed to by both parties and the expert.

Tags :
Categories :