Kimberly L. Doucett
Kimberly has practised exclusively in the area of family law, gaining extensive experience negotiating and litigating in the interests of her clients. She has appeared on behalf of her clients in the Ontario Court of Justice, the Superior Court of Justice and the Court of Appeal. Kimberly continues to restrict her practice to family law and matrimonial litigation. She holds her certification to practise Collaborative Family Law. Kimberly also practises as a panel lawyer with the Office of the Children’s Lawyer, representing youth in family and child protection matters.
She has acted as a legal consultant with Pearson Education Canada, as recognized in the Law in Action publications. Kimberly is an active member of the London community, volunteering her time with various organizations.
For the two year period immediately following her call to the bar, Kimberly worked with various family law specialists gaining considerable experience in the area of family law (including marriage contracts, separation agreements, adoptions and surrogacy agreements), child protection and matrimonial litigation.
Areas Of Expertise
• Family Law
Education & Experience
Kimberly graduated from the University of Windsor, Ontario with a combined Honours, Bachelor of Arts Degree in 1997, and completed her Bachelor of Laws through Western University in 2000. Kimberly was called to the bar in February 2002.
Memberships & Affiliations
• Canadian Bar Association
• International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
• Middlesex Collaborative Family Law Group
• Middlesex Family Law Association
• Middlesex Law Association
• Member of the Board of Directors, Bereaved Families of Ontario for London and Middlesex
• Member of the Board of Directors, Bereaved Families of Ontario
• Mandatory Information Program volunteer at the London Superior Court of Justice
• Volunteer for the Ontario Justice Education Network
• Former member of the Board of Directors for the Childreach Centre
• Community outreach volunteer and speaker at the Battered Women's Advocacy Centre
Cohen Highley LLP
One London Place 255 Queens Avenue 11th Floor
The lawyers in the Collaborative Family Law Group of London and Middlesex are a specially trained subsection of the Middlesex Family Law Association.